Pre-Operative Instructions Beverly Hills Oral Surgery
- Please don’t eat or drink, including water, 6 hours prior to your appointment if you are scheduled for general anesthesia.
- You must have someone to drive you home after surgery if you have had IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- You must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older. Please have this person be prepared to stay in the office for your entire appointment, as well as during your recovery at home that day. Children should not be left home alone after surgery.
- If you are taking prescription medications that have been approved by your doctor please take them with just a sip of water.
- Please try to wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery.
- If you wear contact lenses, they should be removed prior to surgery.
- If you are feeling ill, coming down with a cold or have a temperature, please notify our office 24 hours prior to your appointment so we can reschedule.
- If you are pregnant, or believe you might be pregnant, please notify our office so we can discuss the appropriateness of your appointment.
- If you are a smoker there is significant benefit from avoiding this after surgery. Smoking is known to delay wound healing for an extended period of time.